Saturday, December 16, 2006

Cat Fleas!

Your cat has fleas? Well, mine does!

Scratching & Biting at the fur is a good indicator your cat has fleas. Upon close inspection of the fur & skin, you can see the fleas on your cat ( yes! the darn brown-colored insect). Its easier to see on light colored cats.

How to get rid of them?

I usually use SPOT treatment (Frontline brand) on my cats.

This usually cost me about RM50 (about USD 12) for 3 vials. Its avalaible at most pet stores/vets. Its quite effective compared to flea powders or flea collars. But it is important to follow instructions when applying the chemical onto your cats, because cats are very sensitive towards chemicals (and so do we!)

Its recommended that you apply the treatment to the area between shoulder blades; this is to prevent your cat from ingesting it before it has time to spread through the coat.

Besides that, I always enjoy to handpick the fleas, too! Haha..
Oh well, my cats do have fleas apparently; I will need to stock up on Frontline later. I guess I will be broke by RM50 today ..

Till next timee...*purrrsss*


No comments: